Guest authors of articles published by LSI are paid $0.04 per word for the first 1,000 words, and $0.02 per word thereafter, up to a maximum of $60 per article. That's $40 for a 1,000 word article and $60 for a 2,000 word article. Footnotes, endnotes, and quotes are NOT counted for payment.
Single articles should be kept below 4,000 words where possible. Shorter 1,200 word articles are preferred. Devotions should be 250 - 600 words. Articles larger than 4,000 words should be written in parts for serial publication.
Although any creation or science topic will be considered for publication, we are especially looking for articles in the following categories matching several “topics” on our website.
-- Classroom materials grades 5-12
-- Ape to Man?
-- Dating Methods
-- Fossils and Rocks
1. Material submitted must conform to the position of the Lutheran Science Institute (all points of the LSI Constitution Article II) including our belief in the inerrancy of Scripture, a young Earth, creation ex nihilo in six 24-hour days, the special creation of Adam and Eve, and that faith is created and nourished by the Holy Spirit through the means of grace, the Gospel in Word and Sacraments (Holy Baptism and the Lord's Supper).
2. Material submitted must be written for the lay person.
3. Manuscripts submitted must be reviewed and approved by LSI before they can be published.
4. LSI may make changes in punctuation, formatting and spelling as needed. LSI may also make content changes.
5. LSI will have the right to publish, including online publication any article, devotion, editorial, or other work we accept for publication.
6. If the article has been previously published, then list when and where.
7. Preference will be given to manuscripts about topics not recently covered in the LSI Journal.
8. Authors must carefully document any portions of their work which are not originally theirs. Footnotes are preferred to endnotes. Use the Chicago Manual of Style in preparing citations.
Submit an article (or proposals for possible articles)